Today we are going to give you Five Fabulous Top Tips for Tiling Your Floor!
So you are going to tile a floor in your home but don’t know where to start. Once you have read our five top tips you will be able to take on the task no problem because you will have been given advice from the experts Cosmo Tiles.
- Before considering Tiling your floor look at what condition it is in, what is underneath any Tiles, Carpet or laminate is it concrete or floor boards. It makes life easier when going to purchase your tiles, because you know what’s already on your floor. It will be easier for the great sales staff at Cosmo Tiles to assist you with your selection. This is also important and will help the sales staff offer you the correct adhesive, whether you may need a levelling compound if the base is concrete and a little rough or have a need to order plywood as an overlay onto floor boards for the floor you are going to tile. The first tiles you see is our Aurelia Alp stone almond tile and is suitable for both the walls and floor in your home.
- Once you have investigated what’s on your floor and what is underneath (Concrete or Floorboards) it’s time to think about what you want to achieve what look you are going for. Do you fancy a sleek polished floor which will achieve a very modern look? Or you may want to create a cosy country kitchen using something a little more rustic. You can see a rustic floor in the second image Our Platera states snow which gives a nice natural slate look.It’s worth noting in case you haven’t seen them yet, Cosmo Tiles have a fabulous range of porcelain wood effect tiles in various sizes and colours that’s gives you the wood look without any dents and scratches. They have proved extremely popular because they just look so much like wood, although they are a lot stronger and harder wearing.
- Once you have fully investigated your floor it’s time to see what tiles are available to get the look you want to achieve. There is no better place to come for a warm friendly welcome and some great advice than Cosmo Tiles, we pride ourselves on customer service and have thousands of clients that come back time and time again when they are needing tiles because they know we will help them get what they want. We have products to suit any budget and style and the great news is most of them are in stock and available to take away today.The Last image you see is our great new Bayker Fauborg range, its a porcelain wood effect tile and as you can see perfect for using to create herring bone patterns on your floor,
- Now it’s time to call your tiler let him access the floor and let you know step by step what work he is going to carry out. If you communicate your wishes well with your tiler the job should go ahead with no problem. Your tiler may help assist you with your tile selection, by letting you know what size of tile would be the most suitable for your floor.
- All that’s left to do is purchase all your tiles adhesives and any auxiliary products you require. Then let the Tiler do his work and when finished sit back and enjoy.